WINANS LAKE BEACH
8688 Pleasant Lake Drive
The Winans Lake Beach is a fabulous beach facility available to WLA and LGCC members and their accompanied guests.
A cooperative effort between the WLA and LGCC, the Winans Lake Beach offers many amenities, including:
- 160 feet of clean, sandy, Winans Lake Beach
- A large Dock and Swim Platform
- Certified Lifeguards
- Beach House with Restrooms, Shower, Refrigerator, Gas Grills, etc.
- Picnic Tables, Beach Chairs, Basketball Court, Volleyball Net, Play Structure and Toys.
The Winans Lake Beach is the perfect place for families, friends and neighbors to spend care-free summer days making lasting memories.
CURRENT BEACH HOURS
June 1st through Labor Day
Sunday-Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. -7:30 p.m.
Wednesday-Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Note: Beach may close at any time due to poor weather. Check current status at 810-231-9820 or (810) 231-3000.
The WLA/LGCC sponsor several fun events throughout the season, including swim lessons, sand castle day, 4th of July potluck….
For the safety and enjoyment of all members, the following beach rules have been established by the WLA/LGCC (please see WLA Rules for a complete listing of lake and beach rules):
- Children: Children under 12 may not be left unattended at the beach for any length of time for any reason.
- Guests: There is a $2 daily fee for guests. Members must register their guests and introduce them to the lifeguards on duty. Guests are not allowed at the beach without their sponsoring members present. Children of WLA and eligible LGCC members above the age of 23 shall be considered guests.
- No Glass Containers: All beverages must be consumed from non-glass containers.
- Parking: Parking is very limited at the beach, especially during peak hours. Please consider car-pooling. Only members with valid handicap permits or extenuating circumstances should park within the gates of the beach house. Please be considerate of those who legitimately need those parking spots. In the event the main lot is full, please do not park along the beach property or on the west side of the road.
- Boats: The beach is not an authorized launch or access site for watercraft (boats, canoes, kayaks, etc.). Members may use their watercraft for transport to the beach, but launching at the beach is prohibited (note: exceptions may be arranged for WLA members for seasonal launch/removal of larger watercraft outside of beach hours). Only WLA members may place watercraft on Winans Lake. Watercraft must never enter the swim area.
- Fishing: No fishing is allowed in the beach area.